Main Article Content
Under modern conditions for performing business, an enterprise regardless of its size or business activity must be systematically directed and run. Small and medium-size enterprises have certain characteristics that make them considerably different compared to large systems, therefore it is not realistic to expect that the management process in such organizations would develop in the same way as in the large systems.
The fact is that the small business often does not involve a small investment, and the management of small enterprises is constantly faced with the problem of "poverty of resources" that leads to the conclusion that the success of SMEs is predominantly determined by the managerial skills of managers/owners. Assuming that the owners/managers of SMEs adequately perceive the capabilities of their enterprise, make the right decisions, finding effective solutions in terms of organization and apply modern approaches to control and the success of the company definitely will follow.
In this paper theoretical and empirical research has been carried out with the aim to identify the basic characteristics of successful management of SMEs in Serbia. The research results indicate that the managerial capacity of managers/owners of SMEs is the main strength of the company, and one of the key sources of growth and development. When the influence of external factors is very unfavorable for business development, the management as an internal resource of organization is increasingly gaining importance in creating business success and competitive advantage.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors shall transfer the copyright to the publisher. If the submitted manuscript is not accepted for printing by the journal, the authors shall retain all their rights. The following rights on the manuscript are transferred to the publisher, including any supplementary materials and any parts, extracts or elements of the manuscript:
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript in printed form, including print-on-demand;
- the right to print prepublications, reprints and special editions of the manuscript;
- the right to translate the manuscript into other languages;
- the right to reproduce the manuscript using photomechanical or similar means including, but not limited to photocopy, and the right to distribute these copies;
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript electronically or optically using and all data carriers or storage media, and especially in machine readable/digitalized form on data carriers such as hard drive, CD-ROM, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), Mini Disc, data tapes, and the right to reproduce and distribute the article via these data carriers;
- the right to store the manuscript in databases, including online databases, as well as the right to transmit the manuscript in all technical systems and modes;
- the right to make the manuscript available to the public or to closed user groups on individual demand, for use on monitors or other readers (including e-books), and in printable form for the user, either via the Internet, online service, or via internal or external networks.
Authors reserve the copyright to published articles and have the right to use the article in the same manner like third parties in accordance with the licence Attribution-Non-Commercial-Non-Derivate 4.0 International (CC BY). Thereby they must quote the basic bibliographic data of the source article published in the journal (authors, article title, journal title, volume, pagination).
Brnjas, Z. 2000. Strategijski menadžment – teorijske osnove sa primerima iz prakse. Belgrade: Grmeč- Privredni pregled.
Coulter, M. 2010. Strategijski menadžment na delu. Belgrade: Data Status.
Dess, G. G., Lumpkin, G. T., and Eisner, A. B. 2007. Strategijski menadžment – teorija i slučajevi. Belgrade: Data Status.
Dostić, M., Serdarević – Šestić, M., and Kulović, Đ. 2010. Biznis plan za mala i srednja preduzeća. Sarajevo: School of Economics and Business.
Erić, D. 2000. Uvod u menadžment. Belgrade: Čigoja štampa.
Lazarević-Moravčević, M. 2013. Faktori i pristupi u kreiranju konkurentskih strategija malih i srednjih preduzeća u Srbiji. PhD Diss., Belgrade: Union University, Belgrade Banking Academy.
Mašić, B., Babić, L., Đorđević-Boljanović, J., Dobrijević, G., and Veselinović, S. 2010. Menadžment – principi, koncepti, procesi. Belgrade: Singidunum.
Riderstrale, J.., and Nordstrom, K. A. 2004. Fanky Business. Belgrade: Plato.
Todorović, J. 2004. Strategijski i operativni menadžment. Belgrade: Conzit.