Main Article Content
The business operation of companies is not neutral and is not perceived any more in terms of profitable operations, but also in terms of whether it is beneficial for the society. Social responsibility contributes to improving relationships with key stakeholders, thus contributing to the long-term sustainability of the company. The paper points out to the positive link between corporate social responsibility (CSR) and the reputation of the bank. Without CSR, neither the improvement nor the expansion of banking operations is possible. The aim is to point out that profit and CSR are not opposed categories and that the CSR of banks represents a strong comparative advantage on the market. The paper gives a theoretical and practical overview of the concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR), with a focus on the banking sector.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors shall transfer the copyright to the publisher. If the submitted manuscript is not accepted for printing by the journal, the authors shall retain all their rights. The following rights on the manuscript are transferred to the publisher, including any supplementary materials and any parts, extracts or elements of the manuscript:
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript in printed form, including print-on-demand;
- the right to print prepublications, reprints and special editions of the manuscript;
- the right to translate the manuscript into other languages;
- the right to reproduce the manuscript using photomechanical or similar means including, but not limited to photocopy, and the right to distribute these copies;
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript electronically or optically using and all data carriers or storage media, and especially in machine readable/digitalized form on data carriers such as hard drive, CD-ROM, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), Mini Disc, data tapes, and the right to reproduce and distribute the article via these data carriers;
- the right to store the manuscript in databases, including online databases, as well as the right to transmit the manuscript in all technical systems and modes;
- the right to make the manuscript available to the public or to closed user groups on individual demand, for use on monitors or other readers (including e-books), and in printable form for the user, either via the Internet, online service, or via internal or external networks.
Authors reserve the copyright to published articles and have the right to use the article in the same manner like third parties in accordance with the licence Attribution-Non-Commercial-Non-Derivate 4.0 International (CC BY). Thereby they must quote the basic bibliographic data of the source article published in the journal (authors, article title, journal title, volume, pagination).
Carroll, A. 1996. Business and Society: Ethics and Stakeholder management, Cincinatti Ohaio: South-Western Collage Publishing
Central bank of Montenegro, http://www.cbcg.me/index.php?mn1=kontrola_banaka&
Crnogorska komercijalna banka AD Podgorica member of OTP Group, http://www.ckb.me/marketing-i-pr/marketing-i-pr.69.html
ERSTE Bank AD Podgorica, https://www.erstebank.me/sr_ME/footer-stanovnistvo/o-banci/Sponzorstva-i-donacije
Hipotekarna banka AD Podgorica, http://hipotekarnabanka.com/o-banci/vijesti
Kotler, Ph., and Li Nensi 2009. Korporativna društvena odgovornost, Beograd, Hesperiadeu
Kundid, A. 2012. “Društveno odgovorno poslovanje banaka u Republici Hrvatskoj”, Ekonomska misao i praksa dbk, God XXI, Br. 2.
NLB Banka AD Podgorica, https://www.nlb.me/me/nlb-banka/opste/drustvena-odgovornost
Prva banka Crne Gore AD Podgorica osnovana 1901. godine, http://www.prvabankacg.com/o-nama/drustvena-odgovornost/
Saraiva, P.P.& Serrasqueiro, Z.M.S. 2007. “Corporate Sustainability in the Portuguese Financial Institutions”, Social Responsibility Journal, Vol.3, No.2
Societe Generale banka Montenegro AD, http://www.societegenerale.me/mne/banka-u-javnosti/banka-kao-drustveno-odgovorna-kompanija
Stojanović-Aleksić, V., Erić, Nielsen, J., Bošković, A. 2016. „Društvena odgovornost u bankarskom sektoru: Iskustva iz Republike Srbije“, Bankarstvo
Vunjak, N., and Kovačević, Lj. 2006. Bankarstvo, Subotica, Proleter a.d. Bečej
Zelenović, V. 2015. Marketing u bankarstvu. Subotica, Proleter a.d. Bečej