Main Article Content
The importance of tourism for the economy of a country, from the beginning of the 21st century, is significantly increased in relation to its traditional role as one of the segments of the economy. The speed through which tourism in the world, and therefore in the region, develops and the amount of revenues generated through it makes it the generator of the economic development of a large number of countries. Examples of Montenegro and Croatia, as two comparable systems for the way tourism was experienced and developed in the period of the former Yugoslavia, ie the time when the foundations of the tourism economy of the then republics, and today's sovereign states, as well as strategic approach and target markets, were set up is a comparison of the tourist brands of both countries, with the possibility of precisely determining the revenues realized by the two countries through the tourism sector and their two tourist brands as research purposes. The aim of the research is to determine the differences and similarity of tourist brands of Montenegro and Croatia, through analysis of several indicators, starting from those related to tourism and travel revenues and their impact on GDP, to the effects of the economies of these countries from capital investment and employment. Finally, the main result of the analysis is the confirmation that there is a significant impact of the country's tourist brand on the level of revenue generated by the economies of the analyzed countries. The research has also shown the necessity of further development of the tourist brand Montenegro in the direction of Croatia. Which means an active approach to solving infrastructure problems, greater application of marketing management, synchronization of campaigns with the strategies of developing the national brand of the state and building hotel capacities that meet the standards of the most developed tourism economies in Europe.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors shall transfer the copyright to the publisher. If the submitted manuscript is not accepted for printing by the journal, the authors shall retain all their rights. The following rights on the manuscript are transferred to the publisher, including any supplementary materials and any parts, extracts or elements of the manuscript:
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript in printed form, including print-on-demand;
- the right to print prepublications, reprints and special editions of the manuscript;
- the right to translate the manuscript into other languages;
- the right to reproduce the manuscript using photomechanical or similar means including, but not limited to photocopy, and the right to distribute these copies;
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript electronically or optically using and all data carriers or storage media, and especially in machine readable/digitalized form on data carriers such as hard drive, CD-ROM, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), Mini Disc, data tapes, and the right to reproduce and distribute the article via these data carriers;
- the right to store the manuscript in databases, including online databases, as well as the right to transmit the manuscript in all technical systems and modes;
- the right to make the manuscript available to the public or to closed user groups on individual demand, for use on monitors or other readers (including e-books), and in printable form for the user, either via the Internet, online service, or via internal or external networks.
Authors reserve the copyright to published articles and have the right to use the article in the same manner like third parties in accordance with the licence Attribution-Non-Commercial-Non-Derivate 4.0 International (CC BY). Thereby they must quote the basic bibliographic data of the source article published in the journal (authors, article title, journal title, volume, pagination).
https://knoema.com/atlas/Montenegro/topics/Tourism [accessed: 11.05/18]
https://knoema.com/atlas/Croatia/topics/Tourism [accessed: 11.05/18]
https://croatia.hr/Documents/3583/Izbor-Vizuelnog-identiteta-brenda-Hrvatska-za-HTZ-HRV-.pdf [accessed: 03.06/18]
http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=prc_ppp_ind&lang=en [accessed: 03.05/18]
http://ec.europa.eu [accessed: 03.05/18]
https://www.bloomconsulting.com/en/pdf/rankings/Bloom_Consulting_Country_Brand_Ranking_Tourism.pdf, [accessed: 07.06/18]
https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-travel-tourism-competitiveness-report-2017, pg. 9 - 11 [accessed: 07.06/18]
http://iztzg.hr/UserFiles/Pdf/Izvjestaj-10-Strategija-razvoja-turizma-RH.pdf, [accessed: 21.05/18]