Main Article Content
Algerian society is undergoing social, economic and cultural changes, that led to the improvement of women’s conditions and their opening on work. At the university, young women are getting to fields of studies, used to be a monopoly for men, such as mechanical engineering, agronomy, civil engineering...
In spite of the environmental socio-cultural constraints and as result of unemployment crisis, young women choose the entrepreneurial jobs. Women’s entrepreneurship is a new phenomenon in Algerian society and need to be more highlighted.
Within this perspective, a study was carried out and visits to 30 enterprises led by women, and interviews were carried out with them. That helped to shed light on the characteristics of women entrepreneurs in Algeria, as well as activities and profile of their enterprises.
It was concluded that most women entrepreneurs are young, with university degrees. They are constraint to start their own businesses as self employed or set up micro enterprises, employing between 1 and 5 employees, mainly from their families and working informally.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors shall transfer the copyright to the publisher. If the submitted manuscript is not accepted for printing by the journal, the authors shall retain all their rights. The following rights on the manuscript are transferred to the publisher, including any supplementary materials and any parts, extracts or elements of the manuscript:
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript in printed form, including print-on-demand;
- the right to print prepublications, reprints and special editions of the manuscript;
- the right to translate the manuscript into other languages;
- the right to reproduce the manuscript using photomechanical or similar means including, but not limited to photocopy, and the right to distribute these copies;
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript electronically or optically using and all data carriers or storage media, and especially in machine readable/digitalized form on data carriers such as hard drive, CD-ROM, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), Mini Disc, data tapes, and the right to reproduce and distribute the article via these data carriers;
- the right to store the manuscript in databases, including online databases, as well as the right to transmit the manuscript in all technical systems and modes;
- the right to make the manuscript available to the public or to closed user groups on individual demand, for use on monitors or other readers (including e-books), and in printable form for the user, either via the Internet, online service, or via internal or external networks.
Authors reserve the copyright to published articles and have the right to use the article in the same manner like third parties in accordance with the licence Attribution-Non-Commercial-Non-Derivate 4.0 International (CC BY). Thereby they must quote the basic bibliographic data of the source article published in the journal (authors, article title, journal title, volume, pagination).